Monday, October 3, 2011

A very hopeful weekend

Overall, I had a really nice weekend. I recently joined an online forum - After Silence - and have found it extremely beneficial in helping me through the tough times. It's incredible having a place to go to where you do not have to worry about being judged, and since the members have been through similar events, they know what to say and what not to say. I wish that I would have known about this site right after my event, but I am so happy that I've at least found it now.

I started out the weekend feeling extremely lethargic. It's been very difficult to get out of bed in the mornings and get my days started. But once I got it started today, I was moving and not in a fog! A very welcomed change. I am also trying really hard to do something good for my health whenever I feel down, so I've been running more. Anything to feel like I have some control over this situation and my emotions. My recovery.

I am in midterms this week, which is pretty scary considering how little I have been able to concentrate recently. I am going to give them my best shot, and keep my fingers crossed that I will have a clear mind for them.

Excited for this positive weekend. Things are looking a little brighter.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have found After Silence. It does do so much good to have a safe place like that to vent and get support from people who truly understand.

    I hope your midterms went good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jaime! Not sure how the midterms went, but I'll report back once I know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did they go? You don't have to tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They went well! If I remember correctly, I got As - my next round of exams was not so hot though.

    I'm actually going to take 3 "incompletes" this semester. I will finish outstanding assignments over the holidays and when i return for spring semester. Not ideal (a little annoyed that my past is affecting my success in school again; however, I am so lucky that my program is being so lenient and allowing me the time I need to get over this initial hump). None of the professors know the details of what happened, but they are being amazingly supportive regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad they are so willing to understand. You deserve that kind of understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jaime. I hope they know how much it means to me. Once I'm in a more comfortable place in my healing, I'll make sure to let them know. As for now, I am steering clear from any remotely sensitive topics to ensure that I don't lose my emotional footing.

    ReplyDelete